Friday, October 17, 2008

Isn't God's creation beautiful!?! This picture is the field directly across from the s dorm. It's what I see every time I walk out - I can't wait to get a pic of what it looks like in the morning with soft strips of fog blanketing and muting the sharp reds, oranges, and yellows of fall.
Thanks so much to all of you that have been reading and commenting on my blog. It's exciting for me to come each day and see what's new!
Today is Matching Friday, the day when all the s choose a shirt color for us all to match and wear that with a jean skirt. It is our official celebration of the weekend. We all wore black shirts and jean skirts today.
I feel like I haven't done much today, but really it's been pretty full. Our dean went to a memorial service today and left it up to me whether to have dean session or cancel. So for dean session we did a variation on s dorm devotions - we read through Psalm 37 together, each taking a verse at a time. Then we went around again and each picked a verse to give a minute or so devotional on. It's a really great way to find out where people are as Christians and what God's teaching them.
As soon as dean session was over, I had to scoot up to the church. Earlier that morning I went to a viewing for a man who attended this church and just passed away. I didn't really know him, but I know his wife so I was just going to go to the viewing to support her - no plans of attending the service. Until I got to the end of the line and spoke with her. She asked me if I would sing something for the service, my choice of song. So I ran down to the dorm, led dean session, changed for the memorial service, ran back up to the church, and sang without having practiced with the accompanist. Actually, considering everything, by God's grace, the song went very well.
This afternoon I gave Brenda her piano lesson and now I am going to go practice the piano myself. =)

2 comments:

Leam L. Leam said...

That picture is awesome!!!! God has made such a beautiful creation!!!

Alicia said...

Wow your just crazy-busy aren't you? And flexible. I knew you weer one in a million :^)