I'm writing something because I should. Not because I've got gads of time to tell all my funny anecdotes that, of course, come along with a new teaching job; but because it's just been too long since I last wrote and there's no snow in our immediate October forecast. Thus I must update now (and bother, I was going to try to make it to another snow day or something similar, like Martin Luther King Jr. Day or Columbus Day - oh, well.).
I have about ten minutes before staff devotions, to which I must go armed with my coffee cup and my very tired self. Depending how long devotes last I will return to my classroom either just before or just after my kids arrive. Chaos will ensue. Then comes a few minutes (which usually stretch into ten) of study hall assignments and homework collecting (if they bother to bring their homework to school with them).
The rest of my day?
Bible - really awesome discussions that never seem to stay within the class time
5th then 6th grade Math - don't have nearly enough time for both!
English - they're writing personal narratives and I never realized how hard it could be to keep on top of 11 kid's work
Lunch and Recess - two of my very favorite periods of the day
Special - gym, music, typing, you name it, they go to it
5th then 6th Reading - Love it, still never have enough time to enjoy it
Science - a subject I hate but am actually enjoying; we're talking about plants
There it is - the life of the mentally unstable. With my love to those of you who care about my life.
Your very own,
M.E.A.N. Teacher
7 comments:
hehe!! silly rachel!! sounds like ur havin' tons of fun! i'm talkin' spanish this year!!!! love you!!
Hey, Kim! I loved Spanish class in high school! I hope you do too! How are the rest of your classes going?
so did you figure out what M.E.A.N. stands for yet? ;-) Just curious. . . sounds like you are staying crazy busy!
Good Work on Posting Sporks! We're praying for you, you good 'ole teacher!
Love Ya!
Momma
is M.E.A.N. some kind of ackronim????
rrrr. well at lease your in a state of admission, (thats the first step to recovery) haha just thought id write on your blog lol!!
well P.S. i still thing making 5 and 6 grade boys read in voices is gay oops! lol sorry :(
thejoelguy
Hey hey hey! I JUST had the chance to read this! Sounds like you're having fun. Miss you and you totally need to write more! Writing like that...you could have tons of readers!
heyo!! the rest of my classes are giong pritty well!! how are you?
Post a Comment