Well, I so rarely update that I almost feel that I owe some kind of explanation for when I do. Today's? - I was reading the comments my beloved readers left and realized that since it was almost Columbus Day - which being a special day counts as a snow day - I could post again! Yes, we have no school this Monday. No, the kids were not the only ones singing the Hallelujah Chorus!
Of few of you wanted to know what "M.E.A.N. Teacher" meant. I leave this question unanswered as my promise to you that I will write again soon. Feel free to pressure me as this is usually the only way I do things - after constant reminding (hey, my students are like that too!).
We had no school today. Only our annual fundraising walk. My class walked six miles. Not long, but, boy, do fifth and sixth graders lack stamina! They sure could run at the beginning, but only a few of them were still doing well at the end! Most were dying for water halfway through the second mile. I could hear Denzel Washington speaking those words from Remember the Titans: "Water is for cowards. Water makes you weak." But in light of the recent charges pressed against the sports coach that supposedly didn't let his players get water, leading to the death of one . . . probably a good thing I don't quote Denzel like the Bible.
But isn't that interesting? The things that are said and done in movies that we think is cool or funny that really aren't in real life? And not just the moral question everyone asks, "How can you watch Pirates of the Carribbean" and not be supporting that kind of wicked stealing?" But more ordinary things like the Remember the Titans stuff. We all root for Denzel in the movie and most parents would want to kill him if he was their child's football coach. Just a little rambling for you to think about.
'Kay, bye!
4 comments:
so, I see from your profile info that you are attending college? hmmm. . . crazy! where at? ;-) hehe
Sporks
You are coming to college! When?! ;)
Just kidding! I'm glad you had a day off, Mrs. Bullock wanted Columbus day off but her wish wasn't granted. I love you!
Momma
Hey there girl just want to say I miss you.. and yea I just checked my gmail after who knows how many years and found this... I'm soo left out... lol love you and cant wait to see you in march ;) I hope you are still planning on being here :D
You're crazy! BUT....I still love you. So, yeah, when are you going to explain what a M.E.A.N. teacher is? I'm waiting!!!
Then again, maybe i'll just ask you when I see you this weekend.
Love ya, little seester!
Post a Comment