Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chronicles of Survival: Day 13

Dear Mum,

It's just the sort of thing a crazy person does. Turns her blog into a post office so that she can keep in constant contact with her mother. Who in their right mind does that? Completely forgets (or ignores) that she has other readers following her blog. Selfishly pursues her own desire to maintain her relationship with an absentee . . . who just happens to do the same thing with her blog.

There is only one conclusion that I can come to . . . you miss me. Face it.

Because you seriously checked with me today to see when I was going to write back to you.

You miss me.

This update is getting rather old, but I feel it my duty to summarily inform you that: your house is still standing, the dishes are washed, towels and sheets were laundered today, and I have every intention of picking up the dog and giving him a bath tomorrow. Piece of cake.

Not to get long-winded, but who started that rumor about my students fleeing the country? They haven't gone anywhere. I would have noticed if there were fewer voices complaining to me every time I add homework to the white-board. No, the chorus of howls (or howlers) remains - loud and miserable. What is truly unbelievable is that there are less than 4 weeks remaining in this school year!

Love you.

~ Rachel

PS: Dad's response when I handed him the ice cream cake you ordered for your anniversary? "Wow. Wow!" Then he repeated it several more times. And several more. You get the point - he loved it!

PPS: I bet Jack will forget he misses you in the joy of seeing me tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anna said...

IS there really something about Ice cream cake and anniversaries? Miss ya Sporks.
~Momma~

Rachel Lynn said...

Lol, Momma!